Obviously events in London yesterday will be very much in our minds right now. There is a video here posted online today entitled “How does Jesus offer hope in the face of terror?” Also there is a report on the speech made by Justin Welby in the House of Lords today here.
Turning our thoughts to more positive things, we look forward to celebrating Mothering Sunday this weekend – an opportunity for all of us whether physical mothers or not to gather together to celebrate and mark this aspect of human life, as well as remembering the more painful aspects of this and indeed all of life.
We have Mothering Sunday Services at East Dean at 9.30am and at Jevington at 11.15am. At Friston there is Morning Prayer from the 1662 Book of Common Prayer at 11.00am.
Please remember the clocks go forward an hour on Saturday night!
Quite a few interesting bits and bobs from the internet this week:
- Why a “risk-ready” mindset is essential for growing churches – see here
- Comfort without the cliches: eight ways to help hurting friends – see here
- Eight ways God works suffering for our good – see here
- How should we think of terms such as “good disagreement” and “radical inclusion”? see here
- A church that is more “via muddle” than “via media” – see here
Finally, a prayer for London written in the aftermath of yesterday’s attacks – here.